Complete the Veterans Online Application about six weeks before you want to start classes. If you need help completing the application, we can help! Just contact TBCC’s School Certifying Official (SCO) Sally Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 842-8222 ext. 1130
VA regulations require the following:
- Veterans receiving VA educational benefits while attending TBCC are required to obtain official transcripts from all previously attended schools and submit them to TBCC’s Registrar’s Office for review of prior credit.
- All transcripts, including Joint Service Transcripts, must be received by TBCC no later than the completion of the first term of attendance. Enrollment in subsequent terms will be permitted once this requirement is met.
- Veterans receiving VA educational benefits must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average each term to maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP)[link to JICS SAP], in accordance with the academic policies of TBCC.
- Veterans receiving VA educational benefits are cautioned that receipt of such grades as W (withdrawal), NP (no pass), F (failing grade), or a decrease in credits during the semester may result in a reduction of benefit payments, repayment of some benefits, or possible termination of benefits.
- Veterans receiving VA educational benefits must assume responsibility for notifying TBCC’s SCO of any changes in their schedule every quarter.