Watch the Agriculture and Natural Resources Video
Associate of Applied Science: Agriculture & Natural Resources
Have you ever thought about a career in agriculture, natural resources, forestry, fish and wildlife, or food science? If you have, the AAS degree in Agriculture and Natural Resources might be the program for you.
Tillamook County’s vast richness of natural resources, agriculture, and animal science makes TBCC the perfect place to study agriculture and natural resources. There are abundant, related employment opportunities available through private industry, farming, and with the state and federal agencies located right here.
If your goal is to earn a Bachelor’s degree, TBCC partners with Oregon State University so that you can take classes at OSU and TBCC at the same time. There is an option to complete only the AAS degree, or to continue on to OSU to complete a four-year degree. If you are interested in this option, you can learn more by contacting the OSU Open Campus Coordinator who is located in Room 229 on the TBCC campus or at 503- 842-8222 ext. 1870.
High school students can take some courses for college credit while still in high school, either on the high school campus or at TBCC. Contact your high school counselor to learn what is available.
You will learn to:
- communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, about agriculture and natural resource concepts;
- fit into a business, agency, or academic setting and use concepts from agriculture and related fields to quantify and analyze issues and problems;
- perform critical reasoning, perceive assumptions, and make judgments based on the basic principles of agriculture, natural resources, and related fields;
- exhibit critical thinking skills when addressing issues in agriculture, natural resources, and related fields;
- compete in the seasonal or entry-level job market and/or continue education in agriculture, natural resources, and related