Associate of General Studies
The Associate of General Studies Degree lets you design a program that meets your needs. In other words, you can customize it. Just be sure to get some advice from the college/university where you plan to transfer. You can include courses from career technical and transfer areas. We recommend you work closely with a career education advisor at TBCC to assist you.
- You need a minimum of 90 credits to graduate
- All courses must have a number of “100” or above
- Residency Requirement: Residency means that you must earn 30 hours of satisfactory coursework at TBCC
- A 2.0 grade point average (C average) is required to graduate.
- Associate Degree Comprehensive Requirement limits:
- TBCC courses approved to be repeated for credit can only be used once to count toward the degree. However, you can repeat Cooperative Education for a maximum of 12 credits.
- If a general education course is split into multiple courses, e., a 101 course becomes 101A, 101B, and 101C, only one can be used to meet the requirement.
- Max 12 credits of Cooperative Education can count toward degree.
- Max nine credits of 199 or 299, experimental courses, can count toward degree.
- Max 24 credits of “P” (Pass) grades can count toward degree.
- No more than six PE credits.
- Complete WR 121 with a grade of “C” or better, or
- Pass a writing course that has WR 121 as a prerequisite with a letter grade of “C” or better.
If you have a degree from a US regionally accredited institution, you do not have to take WR 121 or a course with a WR 121 prerequisite.
- Complete MTH 65 with a grade of “C” or better, or
- Pass a mathematics course (minimum of three credits) for which MTH 65 or higher is a prerequisite with a grade of “C” or better.
General Education Requirements
Take 16 credits of General Education courses from these categories:
- Art and Letters
- Social Sciences
- Mathematics, Science & Computer Science
You must have at least one course worth three or more credits from each category. You do not need General Education credits if you already have a degree.
Elective Credit Requirements
You must select elective courses to reach a total of 90 credits from career technical or transfer courses.