Associate of Science Oregon Transfer Degree in Business
The ASOT-BUS degree is for students who are interested in transferring to a four-year degree program at an Oregon public university to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Business.
If you graduate with the ASOT-BUS degree, you will have completed the first step toward your bachelor’s degree program. You will transfer and register as a junior.
Visit with a TBCC career education advisor and talk to an advisor at the university where you plan to transfer.
Since universities have specific requirements for admission to their business programs, talking with a university advisor is very important. You should contact the university business program you want to attend early in your first term here at TBCC.
Admission to the business school at a university is not guaranteed upon completion of the ASOT-BUS degree at TBCC.
- You need a minimum of 90 credits to graduate. All courses must have a number of “100” or above.
- Residency Requirement: Residency means that you must earn 30 hours of satisfactory coursework at TBCC.
- A 2.0 grade point average (C average) is required to graduate. All courses require a grade of “C” or better.
- Associate Degree Comprehensive Requirement limits:
- TBCC courses approved to be repeated for credit can only be used once to count toward the degree. However, you can repeat Cooperative Education for a maximum of 12 credits.
- If a general education course is split into multiple courses, e., a 101 course becomes 101A, 101B, and 101C, only one can be used to meet the General Education requirement.
- Max 12 credits of Cooperative Education can count toward the degree.
- Max nine credits of 199 or 299, experimental courses, count toward degree.
- Max 24 credits of “P” (Pass) grades count toward degree.
Core Competency Requirements
- Writing* (at least eight credits): WR 121 and WR 122 or WR 227
- Oral Communication: COMM 111
- Mathematics*: A minimum of three courses MTH 111 or higher. One course must be Statistics.
- Computer Applications: Take BA 131 or CAS 133 and CAS 170 or CAS 170
*These courses meet Core Competency Requirements for Writing, Math & Information Literacy.
General Education Requirements
You must take 11 courses from the General Education list. Each course must have at least three credits. Please refer to the TBCC Course Catalog.
Courses count EITHER toward Core Competency Requirements OR General Education Requirements but not both, with the exception of one math course.
Arts & Letters
Complete at least three courses from at least two disciplines.
Complete at least four courses chosen from two disciplines. Two courses must be in Microeconomics/Macroeconomics.
Mathematics, Science & Computer Science
- Complete at least four courses in two or more disciplines
- At least three must be lab courses in the biological or physical sciences
- The fourth course may be one of the three math courses from the Core Competency Requirements
Select one course that is designated as meeting the cultural literacy requirement. This course can be one of the 11 required General Education courses.
Each course must be completed with a grade of “P” or “C” or better: BA 101, BA 211, BA 212, BA 213, BA 226. BA 226 may be replaced by any other faculty-approved 200 level BA course.
Electives for ASOT – Business
Complete elective credits to reach 90 credits for this degree. Elective courses can have any number of credits.
Limits on Electives:
- No more than 12 credits of Career & Technical Education may be used.
- You may not use one credit MSD courses.
- No more than three credits of physical education (PE).
University Specific Requirements
Please pay close attention to the specific requirements for the Oregon public university you wish to attend to maximize the number of credits that will count toward your degree.
Please refer to the university’s website for additional courses beyond the minimum requirements for the ASOT-BUS degree.