Associate of Science
The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer degree is for students who are interested in transferring to a four-year degree program at an Oregon public university. You have more freedom in choosing courses than in the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree. It is not guaranteed that you will have completed all of the General Education requirements for the university.
Visit a TBCC career education advisor and also talk to an advisor at the university where you plan to transfer. The university advisor will be able to tell you about the requirements for the university.
- You need a minimum of 90 credits to graduate
- All courses must have a number of “100” or above
- Residency Requirement: Residency means that you must earn 30 hours of satisfactory coursework at TBCC
- A 2.0 grade point average (C average) is required to graduate.
- Associate Degree Comprehensive Requirement limits:
- TBCC courses approved to be repeated for credit can only be used once to count toward the degree. However, you can repeat Cooperative Education for a maximum of 12 credits.
- If a general education course is split into multiple courses, e., a 101 course becomes 101A, 101B, and 101C, only one can be used to meet the requirement.
- Max 12 credits of Cooperative Education can count toward degree.
- Max nine credits of 199 or 299, experimental courses, can count toward degree.
- Max 24 credits of “P” (Pass) grades can count toward degree.
- No more than six PE credits.
Complete WR 121 with a grade of “C” or better, or pass a writing course that has WR 121 or 122 as a prerequisite with a letter grade of “C” or better.
one course – MTH 105 or a MTH for which Intermediate Algebra is a prerequisite. Must be four
Complete HE 250 Personal Health and one credit (100 level or above) of Physical Education (PE) or complete HE 295 & PE 295 Health and Fitness for
*Basic Writing and Math competency are met with these courses.
General Education Requirements
You must earn a minimum of 21 credits of General Education.
You need at least seven credits in each of these areas:
- Social Sciences
- Arts & Letters
- Mathematics, Sciences & Computer Studies
Elective Credit Requirements
You must select elective courses to reach a total of 90 credits from career technical or transfer courses. There is a maximum of three PE credits.