Tillamook Bay Community College Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the Economic Development Council (EDC) of Tillamook County are hosting a workshop designed to help small businesses learn how to take advantage of new HUBZone certifications – and other SBA designations – to help secure government contracts.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, November 6th, 2021 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Port of Tillamook Bay in the Naval Air Station Mess Hall building free of charge. Government contracting experts will be on hand to provide small businesses with information and first-hand knowledge on the following topics:
- Registering your firm to do business on government contracts.
- Qualifying and applying for valuable Small Business Administration small business certifications.
- Leveraging Tillamook, Lincoln and other Oregon Counties’ recently acquired status as a Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) designated area to obtain a HUBZone certification for your small business.
- Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s 8(a) Disadvantaged Small Business certification, Woman-Owned Small Business and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB/EDWOSB), Veteran-Owned and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB/SDVOSB), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certifications for state government contracts.
The workshop will also provide:
- Direct assistance to attendees interested in starting the application process to one of the certification programs.
- Examples and a discussion of federal and state contracts coming up in the next 12 months.
- Post-workshop 1-on-1 time with members of the Pillsbury-Winthrop-Shaw-Pittman law firm to review and/or answer questions about your business application for one or more of the SBA small business certification programs.
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided to all attendees. Please register by October 28, with the TBCC SBDC by emailing Donna Fox at email@example.com or, (503) 842-8222 ext. 1420. Please include the names of everyone who will be attending and representing your company. Port of Tillamook Bay facilities are ADA Accessible. For questions, regarding access please contact: Donna Fox, TBCC SBDC (503) 842-8222 x1420. For questions, regarding accommodations please contact: Pat Ryan, Director: Human Resources, Facilities, and Safety; Tillamook Bay Community College; 4301 Third Street, Tillamook OR. 97141, (503) 842-8222 x1020 with seven days advanced notice.