Whether you’re applying for financial aid for the first time, or if you’re a returning student who’s applying for a new year, we’re here to help you learn how to make your college education an affordable reality! Want a little Financial Aid 101 before you get started? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section to get your questions answered!
Applying for Financial Aid
If you are a US Citizen or eligible Noncitizens complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You will need:
- Your full name and Social Security Number
- Federal School Code – TBCC’s is 041949.
If you are an undocumented Oregon resident you can file the ORSAA.
To determine whether you should fill out the FAFSA or the ORSAA visit the Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion website or contact a TBCC financial aid advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-842-8222 ext. 1100.
Apply early beginning October 1st. You must reapply each year for financial aid and meet the eligibility requirements.
Step 2: Complete your TBCC Admissions Application
Step 3: Submit Your Verification Requirements (if necessary)
Students who are selected by the U.S. Department of Education for a process called verification will need to submit additional documents confirming the information reported on their FAFSA. To determine if you have additional eligibility requirements watch your TBCC email for requests from the financial aid office. Documents or other requirements must be submitted by the dates below in order to complete a financial aid award by the payment due date each term:
- Submit FAFSA/ORSAA by: May 28, 2021
- Satisfy Requirements by: June 11, 2021
- Submit FAFSA/ORSAA by: August 27, 2021
- Satisfy Requirements by: September 10, 2021
- Submit FAFSA/ ORSAA by: November 26, 2021
- Satisfy Requirements by: December 10, 2021
- Submit FAFSA/ORSAA by: February 25, 2022
- Satisfy Requirements by: March 11, 2022
Step 4: Accept Your Award
- Award notifications are sent to your TBCC email following the completion of all requirements.
- Accept or decline your financial aid award by logging into your financial aid tracker by following the instructions provided in your TBCC email (funding is not available without an award).
Step 5: Register for Classes
- Talk to your academic advisor to determine which courses are right for your program. You can make an appointment in person at Student Services, by calling 503-842-8222 x 1100 or emailing your advisor.
- The amount of financial aid you receive is determined by your financial aid offer and the number of credits you are taking each term.
- To view your student account information and determine when your financial aid will be refunded visit the Financial Aid and Cost tab in MyTBCC.
- To determine how to maintain your financial aid eligibility visit satisfactory academic progress.