Current High School Students/Dual Credit
Current High School Students
If you are currently enrolled in high school, you can earn both high school and college credits through Tillamook Bay Community College. There are two options to help you jump-start your college degree, saving you time and money.
- Dual Credit: Dual credit classes are regular TBCC classes that are taught at high school by an approved high school instructor. These college-level courses are taught during regular school hours. Dual Credit Courses are offered free for students who meet the academic requirements.
- Expanded Options:Through Expanded Options/Concurrent Enrollment, you may earn both high school and college credit by registering for regular college classes at TBCC. These classes are listed in the TBCC Course Schedule published each term.
How do I get started?
- If you are a high school junior or senior, talk to your high school counselor about dual credit classes that are offered at your high school.
- After meeting with your counselor, you need to apply online to TBCC using the Current High School Student Application.
- Once you have completed the application process, talk with your high school instructor and/or counselor to register for the class.
- If you want to take an Expanded Options/Concurrent Enrollmentclass, see your high school counselor for help registering online or to get a Concurrent Enrollment form, which will require signatures from you, your high school counselor, and parent/guardian. This form will specify how the college class will transfer back to the high school, as well as who is responsible for the payment of tuition, fees, and books.